The Translational Engineering Skills Program is one of the pillars of the ASSIST Graduate Education Program. Its goal is to teach strategic skills that cannot be learned in a classroom, yet are essential to students’ development as creative, adaptive, and effective engineers in the global economy.
ASSIST’s unique Translational Skill Set contains seven primary skill blocks:
- Systems Thinking
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Industry and Manufacturing
- Mentoring, Teamwork, Leadership
- Engineering Ethics
- Diversity Awareness
Each skill block contains a series of unique activities including:
- Patent Mining Sessions
- Medical Observerships
- Journal Manuscript Editing/Review
- Systems Mind Mapping
- Diversity Workshop
- Creativity/Innovation Workshop
- …and many more!