Research and education are core components in the success of ASSIST. By bringing together multidisciplinary researchers, practitioners, and industry partners, we are developing tomorrow’s leading-edge systems for high-value applications. ASSIST is delivering tomorrow’s innovation.
Meet your Future Workforce
Through our signature program for Translational Engineering Skills (TEPS), we welcome industry experts and hold workshops to ensure our graduates go beyond the traditional curriculum. They study important non-engineering skills, like patent mining, systems mining, market research, and scientific public speaking and presentation skills. Many of our students join ASSIST to participate in our close industry relations.
- Preferred access to ASSIST inventions and patents
- Reduced rates on sponsored research
- Use ASSIST production facilities
- Directly vote on research proposals through Industry Advisory Board
- Access to top talent for future hires
- Mentor research projects to enhance commercial potential
- Annual Industry Meeting with 100+ attendance
- Professional development and networking events
Creating Long-Lasting Impact
Through successful collaboration between our Industry Members and our Graduate Students, ASSIST has filed for a number of patents. We are proud to be building long-lasting research partnerships.
- 58 invention disclosures
- 10 provisional patent application
- 21 full patent applications
- 15 patents awarded
- 3 I-Corps participants
- Spun out 8 companies
- IP licensed to 2 additional companies