Welcome ASSIST Guests and Industry Members !
Registration is open for everyone to attend the 2021 ASSIST Showcase on February 11 !
ASSIST Industry Members are invited to the full Annual Industry Meeting running through February 11 and 12.
CLICK TO REGISTER
Note: Registration requires a free account with the Hopin virtual event platform. If you don’t have an account, you’ll create one at registration, or you can login with your Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Apple, or SSO accounts.
Non-members, please register as “Industry Guest”
ASSIST Members Companies, please register as “Industry Member Company”
Event Overview (Full agenda follows News and Announcements)
Thursday, Feb 11, 2021
- Opening & ASSIST Showcase open to Members & Non-members
- Remaining sessions are Members-only
- Updates on energy harvesting, smart textiles, biochemical sensing, and optical sensing
Friday, Feb 12, 2021
- All sessions are Members-only
- Industry Advisory Board meeting
- Student poster session
- Industry expo & networking
- Updates on low-power electronics; system prototyping; and physiological, breath, and environmental sensing
News and Announcements
New this year, ASSIST is opening the first session of its annual industry meeting to non-members, free of charge!
Join this virtual showcase to learn about ASSIST’s revolutionary self-powered systems, the technologies that enable them, and how your organization can benefit from working with ASSIST. The session will include an overview of ASSIST’s research programs and demonstrations of some of ASSIST’s most innovative technologies.
Thursday, Feb 11, 2021
|9:00 am||1:00 pm||Pre-meeting Networking – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange|
|1:00 pm||2:30 pm||Opening and ASSIST Showcase (Open to non-members)|
|2:30 pm||3:35 pm||Energy Harvesting and Smart Textiles (Members only)|
1. Flexible thermoelectrics & Self-powered adaptive platform (Mehmet Ozturk, NCSU)
2. Foot-based energy harvesting (Susan Trolier-McKinstry, PSU)
3. Soft wearable mechanical energy harvester (Michael Dickey, NCSU)
4. RF harvesting & wound monitoring (Shubhendu Bhardwaj, FIU)
5. Smart garment advancements (Jess Jur, NCSU)
6. Lactate biofuel sensor (Koji Sode, UNC)
|3:35 pm||3:50 pm||Break|
|3:50 pm||4:40 pm||Biochemical and Optical Sensing (Members only)|
1. Biochemical and optical sensing platform (Michael Daniele, NCSU)
2. Osmotic sweat sample collection (Orlin Velev, NCSU)
3. Neuropeptide-Y detection (Spyros Pavlidis, NCSU)
4. Associated projects (Michael Daniele, NCSU)
5. Associated projects (Alper Bozkurt, NCSU)
|4:40 pm||5:00 pm||Day 1 Wrap-up (Members only)|
Friday, Feb 12, 2021
|9:00 am||11:00 am||Industry Advisory Board meeting (Members only)|
|11:00 am||12:00 pm||Student poster session (Members only)|
|12:00 pm||12:30 pm||Industry expo and networking (Members only)|
|12:30 pm||1:00 pm||Break|
|1:00 pm||2:00 pm||Low Power Electronics and System Prototyping|
1. Low power SoC and Radio (Ben Calhoun, UVA)
2. Low power implanted devices (Yaoyao Jia, NCSU; Omer Oralkan, NCSU)
3. Flexible, wearable antennas (Douglas Werner, PSU)
4. Flexible circuits (Vladimir Pozdin, FIU)
5. High performance supercapacitors (Ram Rajagopalan, PSU)
6. Rapid prototyping (Michael Lim, NCSU)
|2:00 pm||2:10 pm||Break|
|2:10 pm||2:45 pm||Physiological, Breath, and Environmental Sensing|
1. New applications of physiological sensors (Veena Misra, NCSU; Alper Bozkurt, NCSU)
2. Breath-based diagnostics (Veena Misra, NCSU; Bongmook Lee, NCSU)
3. Clinical application of ASSIST systems (Edgar Lobaton, NCSU)
|2:45 pm||3:00 pm||Wrap-up|
|3:00 pm||5:00 pm||Open for networking|
For Faculty and Student Presenters
February 4, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Zoom meeting for presenting students to record videos. Students will be assigned a 30-minute block.
February 8, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Hopin meeting setup for faculty presenters. Each presenter must join during this time window – should take 5-15 minutes.
How to use Hopin as an attendee, an introductory video. (2min) We recommend watching this short video so you can take full advantage of all of the features this platform has to offer.
Hopin Support. If you are experiencing difficulties with Hopin, these resources may help. Note, we strongly recommend using Google Chrome as your browser for Hopin.
Please contact Adam Curry at email@example.com with any questions regarding the industry meeting.